The Wanderer


I went on another long walk today around the outskirts of Hitchin.

On my route, I passed a couple of huge houses that I hadn’t seen before. They must be worth a fortune. I looked longingly up each and every driveway; fantasizing about the time when I might be able to afford to live somewhere like that.

(This day may never come.)

I made a point of purposely taking turnings I don’t know. It’s a great way of stumbling across unfamiliar places and finding out how all the different streets link up.

I was out for the best part of an hour, though I wasn’t walking solidly. I stopped a couple of times; once at the top of Windmill Hill and then again at a little playground not far from where I live.

I had a quick go on the swings while I was there. Thankfully, there was no-one about to see this. 

If they had, I'd probably only end up looking weird.
 

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.