Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee.


Sometimes, being an actor can be really, really shit.

I keep getting penciled for jobs at the moment (which means being down to the last few). I sit for days, waiting for the phone to ring (stopping occasionally to sleep or eat). When it eventually does, it’s to let me know that I haven’t got it.

It’s frustrating, as any one of these jobs could turn my situation around.

I don’t want to sound too “woe is me”. I chose to take this path. It’s just hard to keep dusting myself off, metaphorically speaking,

The hardest thing is to keep a sense of self. You constantly get knock-backs and have to keep approaching things positively; telling yourself that it’s not personal – it’s just the way it goes.

I try to remind myself that things are going in the right direction; it’s just a matter of time before I get something. I also have to remember what the long game is – and why I invest so much in my own work.

It would just be nice if all this energy was reflected in my pay packet.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.