Get Set.


I’m itching for 2014 to get going.

What I like about New Year is the opportunity for a fresh start. The date may be arbitrary - a convenient point at which to mark the Earth’s completed orbit of the Sun - but despite this, the potential for a new beginning can still be tangible.

Some find New Year’s Eve depressing. For me, it’s always a relief; a chance to draw a line under the past twelve months, whilst giving a nod to all the key events, both good and bad. It’s a uniting moment: a time when people around the world take stock of what they’ve got; like a planet-wide inventory, with fireworks.

For me, 2013 wasn’t the best. This doesn't matter: with the dawn of a new year comes the chance to put this right.

There is one downside to New Year, however: I’ve now got only twenty-nine days in which to file my tax return. If either Adam Hart-Davis or Moira Stuart show their face over the next few weeks, I won't be responsible for my actions.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.