Dedicated Follower of Fashion.


I don’t seem to have any smart clothing.

When it comes to my wardrobe, I’m a little bit stuck in a rut. I have a handful of shirts and a couple of pairs of jeans in almost constant rotation. I haven’t got to the point where I wear the same outfit on the same day of each week, but it’s getting pretty close.

The problem is I have very little money. When I do buy anything new, I’m usually so pleased that I wear it almost constantly; washing it every few days until all that remains is a faded husk of its former glory.

The last time I had a large-scale wardrobe rethink was when I was doing Dreamboats & Petticoats in the West End (thud goes the namedrop). I was earning enough then to facilitate a little frivolity. I didn’t buy anything crazy, like a gold lamé jacket – but I did stock up on a couple of nice pairs of shoes and a few natty shirts.

(That's right: I did just say 'natty'.)

This was now over three years ago. My last pair of footwear was a hand-me-down from my dad. These days, I can usually be found lounging around my house in a couple of old bin bags I’ve hastily stapled together.

As soon as I have the cash to spare, I’ll splash out on a few new threads. Until then, I’ll be keeping to my current strict clothing timetable.

Tomorrow is green-stripy-shirt day: hope you don't mind the spoiler.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.