A Wren's Work.


Today I had a casting in which I had to be a 'shy, nervous introvert'; something that was right up my street. 

(The bit in inverted commas is taken directly from the casting breakdown; it's a bonus when you barely have to act.)

I had to improvise an interview in character, while the casting director took the part of the interviewee. The concept of improv can provoke fear and trepidation in many actors (myself included) - but on this occasion I quite enjoyed it. 

I also got a few laughs, which always helps; provided you're in on the joke.

Before my appointment I had a quick wander around the outskirts of St Paul's Cathedral, as the casting was just a few minutes down the road. It's the first time I've been past in a quite a few years. My last trip was on the same day an official visit from Princess Diana, which should give you some idea of the timescale.
 
I arrived just as the clock struck eleven. It provided an ominous soundtrack to my wander through the churchyard. Perhaps the tolling bell will prove a portentous omen for today's job prospects. Either that, or it was just something to set my watch by. 

We shall see.  


Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.