On the Savour's Blog.

"So this is Christmas - and what have you done?"

I'll tell you what I've done, John: I've written this. Not that you'd care; you've probably got plenty of things to busy yourself with in the festive afterlife, rather than bothering with the ramblings of a person that you've never met.
 
(NB. I stuck the word 'festive' in front of the word 'afterlife' to make this blog more Christmassy.)

This would also be an unfamiliar format; sadly, you missed out on the internet. Yoko is pretty au fait with it, though; she's even on Twitter (something that I've already covered here).

I've cheated a little bit with today's post, if I'm honest; despite uploading it on Christmas Day, I'd written it the day before. I'm sure this is allowed: even the Queen pre-records her Christmas message. 

This does come with an element of risk. What if a major, catastrophic event occurs on Christmas morning, to which I haven't made reference? Suddenly, this blog will seem irrelevant. What if a celebrity has passed away? Not mentioning them would be callous.  

I guess I'll have to suck it and see; it's not as if I'm renowned for my topicality. If someone has died, I'm sad to hear it; if something good / bad / tragic has taken place, I'm suitably delighted / upset / distraught about it. 

If there's one thing that will definitely be relevant, it's this: I will hope that you have a splendid, restful Christmas and a prosperous New Year. 

I'd also warn you to refrain from over-eating, except that's a Christmas given. 
 
Meanwhile, that's a Christmas gibbon:
 
(nonchalant.)
Happy Crimbo: War is Over.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.