Full of Beans.


I’m spending far too much time in coffee shops at the moment.

It’s become an almost daily occurrence: either to kill time before a casting, or to finish off my daily blog. It’s helped me to be more productive – I’ve more inclined to work when out of the house – but I do get a little fed up with the enforced solitude.

My caffeine intake has also gone through the roof; I’m currently shakier than an overworked Judy Finnegan.

(This must be a by-product of being married to Richard Madeley. For her; not for me.)

The hardest part is the constant flitting from one extreme to another; starting the day with a couple of hours in your own company, before psyching yourself up to walk into a casting. I always function best when I’ve had direct contact with others first thing; the longer it takes to have a proper conversation, the less likely I’ll be at ease when it comes to it.

Thankfully, I’m not the only member of my social group who’s like this. Yesterday, I was joined in the coffee shop by my school-friend Steve; his first trip out of the house that day – and when he ordered his drink, the girl behind the counter asked if he wanted hot or cold milk with it.

“Just white milk”, he replied.

It’s probably best for the most socially awkward amongst us to stick together.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.