PAIN au chocolat.


QUESTION: if you drop a pain au chocolat on the floor, pick it up instantly and then eat it, will there be any serious repercussions? 

I’m not trying to make a deep, philosophical point; I’m just enquiring for health reasons. I tried to squeeze through a tight gap a little while ago whilst carrying too much – and due to a miscalculation, my pain au chocolat hit the deck.

(I’m not on a boat.)

I accept that this is a bit of a cosmopolitan predicament. I’ve never felt more at one with Europe; any members of UKIP that were present would turn away in disgust. Either that, or be pleased to see something that wasn't British go to waste.  

Not that I was prepared to let this happen: no sooner had my sweet-treat fallen to the ground than I was picking it up again. This pain au chocolat was going in my face, no two ways about it.

So far there have been no ill-effects. I'm hoping that this will remain the case. If the worst comes to the worst and this incident becomes my undoing, my blog will remain as an unfortunate epitaph.

Popular posts from this blog

Shakerpuppetmaker.

Stevenage: A (Tiny) River Runs Through it.

Hoo-ray and up She Rises.